This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmake failure

I've just done a new PC build with 16.04 and had a Kinfo centre crash (when checking the newly installed Radeon rx550 graphics card) and AMD driver. Then went to report the crash but I was informed that there was not enough debugging info to submit.
    So I discover I need GDB and KDbg. GDB is already there and the documentation for KDbg says to compile with cmake. After installing cmake from terminal (apt-get), an error was loged. Some help would be good.
    Last edited by phonic-otg; Aug 05, 2017, 07:24 PM. Reason: TMUI

So sorry for not attaching the above properly.
    Ok so it was late at night and I forgot to mention a few bits of info.

The crash is specifically in relation to OpenGL pointer in the graphics section of Kinfo centre. Every time I go to open it to see if the AMD driver for the Radeon RX560 GPU installed well Kinfo will crash.

Wanting to submit a bug/report, but as above post states the crash report has no useful info. Needing to fix that, I started looking into what to do and found I need GDB and KDbg.
    I recently found a post from KF here there I saw a dev package that may help but when I went to install it I was told
    Package kde-workspace-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    However the following packages replace it:
    khotkeys-dev:i386 plasma-workspace-dev:i386 kwin-dev:i386 libkf5sysguard-dev:i386
    khotkeys-dev plasma-workspace-dev kwin-dev libkf5sysguard-dev

E: Package 'kde-workspace-dev' has no installation candidate
    So my next moves were to install the following packages khotkeys-dev, plasma-workspace-dev, kwin-dev, libkf5sysguard-dev.
    I've attached some outputs and logs that may explain it better.

With a lot file transferring to do from my old build to my new build I'm gonna come back to this issue soon with more.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by phonic-otg; Aug 04, 2017, 06:39 PM. Reason: appology

Comment

To generate a usable backtrace etc, you probably need to install the debug symbols for kinfocenter and related packages

To do that, add the line:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntuxenial main/debug

as a an extra line in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kubuntu-ppa-ubuntu-backports-xenial.list

When your sources are updated, you should then have debug symbol (dbgsym) packages available to install. e.g. kinfocenter-dbgsym etc
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did do that and more but when I was crafting the initial response uploading the outputs text files the page had a hissy fit and now I can't access kubuntuforums from the new build but can from my laptop and phone. I'll respond when I overcome this new obstacle. Again thanks .

Comment

I'm closing this as I've gone to neon.

Comment

The Neon User Edition should be right up your alley!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

So far it is. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X