Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akonadi don't start - Failed to remove Unix socket / runtime connection config file

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi don't start - Failed to remove Unix socket / runtime connection config file

Yesterday my PC goes Hibernate (StD), what is normally no problem, and after that Kontact doesn't work any more. Kontact- and Kubuntu-restart made no difference. Today morning Kontact says after booting Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket 'tmp/akonadi-USER.eCmOAU/mysql.socket' (111) QMYSQL.

This is the akonadi-status back than:
    Code:
    USER@RECHNER:~$ akonadictl status
    Akonadi Control: running
    Akonadi Server: running
    search paths:  ("lib/x86_64-linux-gnu", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kf5/", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kf5/plugins/", "/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/", "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins", "/usr/bin")
    Akonadi Server Search Support: available (Remote Search)
    Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource, akonadi_archivemail_agent, akonadi_baloo_indexer, akonadi_birthdays_resource, akonadi_contacts_resource, akonadi_davgroupware_resource, akonadi_followupreminder_agent, akonadi_googlecalendar_resource, akonadi_googlecontacts_resource, akonadi_ical_resource, akonadi_icaldir_resource, akonadi_imap_resource, akonadi_invitations_agent, akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource, akonadi_kalarm_resource, akonadi_kolab_resource, akonadi_maildir_resource, akonadi_maildispatcher_agent, akonadi_mailfilter_agent, akonadi_mbox_resource, akonadi_migration_agent, akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource, akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent, akonadi_notes_agent, akonadi_notes_resource, akonadi_openxchange_resource, akonadi_pop3_resource, akonadi_sendlater_agent, akonadi_vcard_resource, akonadi_vcarddir_resource
    Now, after several hours, I started Kubuntu again and Kontact only says Akonadi doesn't work correctly but offers no Details.

This is the Akonadi-Status after Kontact tries to start Akonadi now:

Code:
    Akonadi Control: stopped
    Akonadi Server: stopped
    search paths:  ("lib/x86_64-linux-gnu", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kf5/", "lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kf5/plugins/", "/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/", "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins", "/usr/bin")
    Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource, akonadi_archivemail_agent, akonadi_baloo_indexer, akonadi_birthdays_resource, akonadi_contacts_resource, akonadi_davgroupware_resource, akonadi_followupreminder_agent, akonadi_googlecalendar_resource, akonadi_googlecontacts_resource, akonadi_ical_resource, akonadi_icaldir_resource, akonadi_imap_resource, akonadi_invitations_agent, akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource, akonadi_kalarm_resource, akonadi_kolab_resource, akonadi_maildir_resource, akonadi_maildispatcher_agent, akonadi_mailfilter_agent, akonadi_mbox_resource, akonadi_migration_agent, akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource, akonadi_newmailnotifier_agent, akonadi_notes_agent, akonadi_notes_resource, akonadi_openxchange_resource, akonadi_pop3_resource, akonadi_sendlater_agent, akonadi_vcard_resource, akonadi_vcarddir_resource
    When I try to start Akonadi manually it says:

Code:
    USER@RECHNER:~$ akonadictl start
    Starting Akonadi Server...
    done.
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    USER@RECHNER:~$ search paths:  ("/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/bin", "/usr/games", "/usr/local/games", "/snap/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
    Found mysql_install_db:  "/usr/bin/mysql_install_db"
    Found mysqlcheck:  "/usr/bin/mysqlcheck"
    Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
    executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
    arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/USER/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/USER/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-USER.VRqA8w/mysql.socket")
    stdout: ""
    stderr: ""
    exit code: 2
    process error: "Unknown error"
    terminating service threads
    terminating connection threads
    stopping db process
    Failed to remove Unix socket
    Failed to remove runtime connection config file
    Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...
    ^C
    If I cancel with strg-c, Akonadi Control: stopped and Akonadi Server: stopped

~/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error isy quite short:

Code:
    arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/RECHNER/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/RECHNER/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-RECHNER.VRqA8w/mysql.socket") 
    What can I do other than reset Akonadi by deleting all files/folders?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/8509...-will-not-star

I solved the issue with these steps:
    Created the folder:
    sudo mkdir /var/lib/mysql-files
    Started the service:
    akonadictl start
    Purged and reinstalled Kontact:
    sudo apt purge kontact && sudo apt install Kontact
    Start Kmail
    Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for your fast respond!

/var/lib/mysql-files already exists so I skipped the mkdir.

Code:
      done.
      Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
      USER@RECHNER:~$ search paths:  ("/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/bin", "/usr/games", "/usr/local/games", "/snap/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
      arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/USER/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/USER/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-USER.VRqA8w/mysql.socket")
      stopping db process
      That looks not good to me so I also skipped apt purge.

Comment

Then maybe your last update didn't update properly.
        Repeat these two commands until no error msg is reported, if any are.
        sudo apt install -f
        sudo dpkg -configure -a
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Mmmmh. Month after update from 14. 04 to 16.04?

I'm a little bit nervous doing changes in the packet-installation, so I wonder what -f in apt install -f is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by wired2051 View Post
            Mmmmh. Month after update from 14. 04 to 16.04?

I'm a little bit nervous doing changes in the packet-installation, so I wonder what -f in apt install -f is doing?
            Man pages were written so that we don't have to wonder:
            man apt-get
            Code:
            [FONT=monospace]
                   [COLOR=#000000][B]-f[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000], [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][B]--fix-broken[/B][/COLOR]
                       Fix; attempt to correct a system with broken dependencies in place. This option, when used with install/remove, can omit any packages to
                       permit APT to deduce a likely solution. If packages are specified, these have to completely correct the problem. The option is sometimes
                       necessary when running APT for the first time; APT itself does not allow broken package dependencies to exist on a system. It is possible
                       that a system's dependency structure can be so corrupt as to require manual intervention (which usually means using [COLOR=#000000][B]dpkg[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][B]--remove[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] to[/COLOR]
                       eliminate some of the offending packages). Use of this option together with [COLOR=#000000][B]-m[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] may produce an error in some situations. Configuration Item:[/COLOR]
                       APT::Get::Fix-Broken.

[/FONT]
            The two commands together most often clear up incomplete or broken installs, updates, etc...

In your case it may not help but it is an easy thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Man pages were written so that we don't have to wonder:
              man apt-get
              OK, that's my fault. I looked up apt, not apt-get. I confess, the package-management is one of my weak points.

Code:
              USER@RECHNER:~$ sudo apt install -f
              [sudo] Passwort für USER:
              Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
              Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
              Statusinformationen werden eingelesen... Fertig
              Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
              libgles1-mesa linux-headers-3.13.0-111 linux-headers-3.13.0-111-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-64 linux-headers-4.4.0-64-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-66 linux-header
              linux-headers-4.4.0-71-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-72 linux-headers-4.4.0-72-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-75 linux-headers-4.4.0-75-generic linux-image-3.13.0-111
              linux-image-4.4.0-66-generic linux-image-4.4.0-71-generic linux-image-4.4.0-72-generic linux-image-4.4.0-75-generic linux-image-extra-3.13.0-111-generic linux-im
              linux-image-extra-4.4.0-66-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-71-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-72-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-75-generic linux-signed-image-3.
              linux-signed-image-4.4.0-64-generic linux-signed-image-4.4.0-66-generic linux-signed-image-4.4.0-71-generic linux-signed-image-4.4.0-72-generic linux-signed-imag
              Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
              0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 18 nicht aktualisiert.
              [B]N: Datei »50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.[/B]
              Short: use »sudo apt autoremove« to remove 18 packages which were automatically installed and are no longer used.

File »50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist« in folder »/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/« is ignored because it has an invalid filename extension - what's that?

Code:
              USER@RECHNER:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d$ ls -l
              insgesamt 68
              -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root    49 Okt 11  2014 00aptitude
              -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root    40 Okt 11  2014 00trustcdrom
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   769 Jan 18 14:24 01autoremove
              -r--r--r-- 1 root root 14160 Mai 17 11:04 01autoremove-kernels
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    42 Jan 18 14:24 01-vendor-ubuntu
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   168 Jun 10 18:19 10periodic
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   108 Aug 22  2011 15update-stamp
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    85 Aug 22  2011 20archive
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   243 Mär 11  2013 20dbus
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1432 Apr 18  2016 50appstream
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2331 Apr  2  2014 50unattended-upgrades
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2656 Mai 24 11:06 50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   182 Feb 23  2014 70debconf
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   305 Mai 24  2016 99update-notifier
              And your second suggestion doesn't work:
              Code:
              USER@RECHNER:~$ sudo dpkg -configure [B]-a[/B]
              dpkg: Fehler: unbekannte Option [B]-o[/B]

Nutzen Sie dpkg --help für Hilfe zur Installation und Deinst. von Paketen[*];
              Benutzen Sie »apt« oder »aptitude« für benutzerfreundliches Paketmanagement;
              Nutzen Sie dpkg -Dhelp für eine Liste von Debug-Flags von dpkg;
              Nutzen Sie dpkg --force-help für eine Liste von Optionen zum Erzwingen;
              Nutzen Sie dpkg-deb --help für Hilfe zum Manipulieren von *.deb-Dateien;

Optionen mit[*] geben viel aus - schicken Sie es durch »less« oder »more«!
              Short: I wrote -a and it responded -o is an invalid option.

In your case it may not help but it is an easy thing to do.
              So it might be a good idea to reset akonadi by deleting its files and folders? I'm desperately requiring Kontact (contacts & calendar)!
              Last edited by wired2051; Jun 10, 2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

OK, that's my fault. I looked up apt, not apt-get. I confess, the package-management is one of my weak points.

Code:
                USER@RECHNER:~$ sudo apt install -f
                Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
                libgles1-mesa linux-headers-3.13.0-111 linux-headers-3.13.0-111-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-64 linux-headers-4.4.0-64-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-66 linux-header
                linux-headers-4.4.0-71-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-72 linux-headers-4.4.0-72-generic linux-headers-4.4.0-75 linux-headers-4.4.0-75-generic linux-image-3.13.0-111
                linux-image-4.4.0-66-generic linux-image-4.4.0-71-generic linux-image-4.4.0-72-generic linux-image-4.4.0-75-generic linux-image-extra-3.13.0-111-generic linux-im
                linux-image-extra-4.4.0-66-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-71-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-72-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-75-generic linux-signed-image-3.
                linux-signed-image-4.4.0-64-generic linux-signed-image-4.4.0-66-generic linux-signed-image-4.4.0-71-generic linux-signed-image-4.4.0-72-generic linux-signed-imag
                Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
                0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 18 nicht aktualisiert.
                [B]N: Datei »50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist« in Verzeichnis »/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/« wird ignoriert, da sie eine ungültige Dateinamen-Erweiterung hat.[/B]
                Short: use »sudo apt autoremove« to remove 18 packages which were automatically installed and are no longer used.

File »50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist« in folder »/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/« is ignored because it has an invalid filename extension - what's that?

Code:
                USER@RECHNER:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d$ ls -l
                insgesamt 68
                -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root    49 Okt 11  2014 00aptitude
                -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root    40 Okt 11  2014 00trustcdrom
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   769 Jan 18 14:24 01autoremove
                -r--r--r-- 1 root root 14160 Mai 17 11:04 01autoremove-kernels
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    42 Jan 18 14:24 01-vendor-ubuntu
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   168 Jun 10 18:19 10periodic
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   108 Aug 22  2011 15update-stamp
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    85 Aug 22  2011 20archive
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   243 Mär 11  2013 20dbus
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1432 Apr 18  2016 50appstream
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2331 Apr  2  2014 50unattended-upgrades
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2656 Mai 24 11:06 50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   182 Feb 23  2014 70debconf
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   305 Mai 24  2016 99update-notifier
                And your second suggestion doesn't work:
                Code:
                USER@RECHNER:~$ sudo dpkg -configure [B]-a[/B]
                dpkg: Fehler: unbekannte Option [B]-o[/B]

Nutzen Sie dpkg --help für Hilfe zur Installation und Deinst. von Paketen[*];
                Benutzen Sie »apt« oder »aptitude« für benutzerfreundliches Paketmanagement;
                Nutzen Sie dpkg -Dhelp für eine Liste von Debug-Flags von dpkg;
                Nutzen Sie dpkg --force-help für eine Liste von Optionen zum Erzwingen;
                Nutzen Sie dpkg-deb --help für Hilfe zum Manipulieren von *.deb-Dateien;

Optionen mit[*] geben viel aus - schicken Sie es durch »less« oder »more«!
                Short: I wrote -a and it responded -o is an invalid option.

So it might be a good idea to reset akonadi by deleting its files and folders? I'm desperately requiring Kontact (contacts & calendar)!
                My typo. The command should have been
                sudo dpkg --configure -a
                (two dashes, not one, in front of "configure", one dash in front lf "a"

The other problem is probably an intermediate file that wasn't deleted for some reason (failed installation of a package?). Delete it and run the two cleanup commands again until they return no errors or the error doesn't change.

Comment

OK, done. 0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.

But this doesn't help. Kontact doesn't start.

Code:
                  Akonadi Control: stopped
                  Akonadi Server: stopped

Comment

You might install akonadiconsole and explore akonadi to see what is what. That's what I used to get akonadi running last year.

You could also purge akonadi and reinstall it.

Comment

First: I appreciate your patient willingness to help!

I'm not used to the Akonadi Console but if I start it, it says twice Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket 'tmp/akonadi-USER.eCmOAU/mysql.socket' (111) QMYSQL before it starts. Then, it can't start akonadi. I also can't start akonadi:

Code:
                      done.
                      arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/USER/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/USER/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-USER.TrKpGt/mysql.socket")
                      stopping db process
                      ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf and ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ exists. The folder /tmp/akonadi-USER.TrKpGt/ also exists but contains no file mysql.socket - I don't know I this is a problem.

Comment

You could also purge akonadi and reinstall it.
                        I'm always unsure using the package management, so I have to ask (I even not know the different between apt and apt-get):

Code:
                        akonadictl stop
                        sudo apt purge akonadi
                        sudo apt install akonadi
                        Is this the right way? No options required?

I read after apt install the package is marked as "manually installed", is this a problem?

Comment

I'm always unsure using the package management, so I have to ask (I even not know the different between apt and apt-get):

Code:
                          akonadictl stop
                          sudo apt purge akonadi
                          sudo apt install akonadi
                          Is this the right way? No options required?

I read after apt install the package is marked as "manually installed", is this a problem?
                          Those commands are correct. What happens afterwards depends on dependencies.

Manually installed means that you didn't install it via the package manager. It doesn't matter.
                          I am curious as to why your tmp file has "-USER-" in it and not your account name. Here is mine:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170611_142335.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	643531

Notice the folder name and its contents. Sockets are empty files, since everything in Linux HAS to be a file. MySQLID contains the PID of MySql.

Comment

USER is correct (next time I think about it before I'm choosing a user name). The folder exists but is empty. Is this because akonadi is not running for some days now?

This is my simulation of purge:

Code:
                            USER@RECHNER:~$ sudo apt purge -s akonadi
                            E: Paket akonadi kann nicht gefunden werden.
                            Short: package akonadi can't be found.

Comment

It's probably called akonadi-server.

Comment

Working...
                              X