X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conky not auto-starting

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop and installed Kubuntu 16.04, and am trying to get Conky to autostart. My script starts Conky no problem when I execute it in a terminal.
    Code:
    ./.config/autostart/conky_autostart
    Script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 3 && conky
    The script also shows up in System Settings --> Startup and Shutdown, which says it is "Enabled" for "Startup."

Does anyone have any idea why Conky is not auto-starting?

I think we've all had this issue to some extent.

The way I resolved it was to save a session with conky running and set KDE to restore a saved session on startup. It's a workaround, but it worked for me.
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

I prefer to start with an empty session. The following does the trick; will mark the thread solved.

Code:
      al@laptop:~$ cat .config/autostart/conky.desktop 
      [Desktop Entry]
      Exec=sleep 3 && conky
      Hidden=false
      Icon=system-run
      Path=
      Terminal=false
      Type=Application

Comment

Thank you Al1000. I've had trouble getting my conky to autostart for quite some time now, and basically just gave up, launching it manually after my Desktop loaded. I tried all sorts of things.

I created a conky.desktop matching yours, with the exception that I need a much bigger sleep value; I'm using 30. I've logged out/rebooted several times 'to test', and every time conky autostarts after the Desktop is presented. I'm a happy camper again.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X