This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3b fails data back up

K3b was used to write all the files as data on to a DVD. Made the mistake of not checking. I had checked on verify after write.

This 32 GB Micro card is used on Windows mobile. After writing Strontium Micro 32 GB card failed. I did not worry as I had backed-up all important files on to DVD. After a day needed some photos, checked and found nothing on the DVD. It was not written at all.

K3b showed read buffer and how much progress is going........ on all properly. But failed to write anything to the Disk.

Is this normal. Are there issues with K3b. I searched the forum with K3b, no results.
    Thanks for any advice

Normal? Obviously not. I've never experienced a K3B failure, except for defective CDs or DVDs.
    Are you sure you didn't mix up your burned DVD with a fresh one?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Normal? Obviously not. I've never experienced a K3B failure, except for defective CDs or DVDs.
      Are you sure you didn't mix up your burned DVD with a fresh one?
      I took out the DVD and wrote on it Complete pics and data backup. It was a 4.5 GB back-up. Unfortunately after the backup 32 GB Strontium which I had taken out of windows mobile failed. I was not surprised by this. I was happy I had a backup. When I inserted DVD to copy back some pdf files, it was blank. I checked. Nothing was written on it. I had got ten new DVD's one day previously. I checked all the dvd's. No back up dvd. I am sorry for the loss. I am also surprised.

Comment

The only way I could see this happening is if you had checked the "simulate" check box prior to actually running the K3b backup.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
          The only way I could see this happening is if you had checked the "simulate" check box prior to actually running the K3b backup.

Quite possible. Foolish of me. I should have been more careful. I should have checked the disk before pulling out the USB drive.

Comment

Working...
          X