This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install Opera or Vivaldi

Howdy, I'm trying to install both of these browsers and when I do so with qapt, I get the error, "Error: Cannot Satisfy Dependencies" I get that error on both browsers, which are both based on chromium. If anyone knows why and how to resolve it, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what qapt is, I'm guessing an apt gui of some kind. I just ran

Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
    wget https://downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/vivaldi-stable_1.2.490.35-1_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i vivaldi-stable_1.2.490.35-1_amd64.deb
    and it all installed and ran OK. Opera has a ppa which they say you don't need to install but it will allow you to use apt / muon / discover to manage it.

Side note, I took one look at Vivaldi and purged it. Horrible, horrible interface.

This was on 14.04.
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

qapt is the gui thing that pops up when you double click a deb file. It can handle dependencies that you would have to manually install using dpkg.
      Having said that, grabbing the 64 b it deb file from the vivaldi website (same place where elija did his command-line foo), I don't get any dependency message. You should be able to click on a 'details' button or similar to show what those missing things are.

Comment

I also have installed Vivaldi straight from the website with no problems. I actually like it and the idea behind it. What I don't like is all the red. Red everywhere. I'm sure I could change the default color to blue, but haven't played around with that yet. I blame KDE for having a subliminal connection to blue being a color of choice for all things good about a GUI.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X