Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for apps in all the wrong places....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for apps in all the wrong places....

In my meanderings, I stumbled across mentions of Kappfinder. I thought to myself "that would be a really nice thing to have, and a big help to some folks that are even more of a novice than I am"

Then I started looking for a way to install it.

That brings me to the Question: Is Kappfinder gone, or outdated, or not usable for plasma 5, or am I missing something simple that is going to embarrass me?

Yup old and outdated and gone iirc
    You search for programs directly from the kmenu or via krunner by hitting alt-f2.

sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can also use "which <name>" or "sudo find" from the command line in a terminal.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Thanks again. Once again I start my day by learning something new This is becoming a habit for me

Comment

Also, the cool thing about using the kmenu or krunner is that you don't even have to know the actual name - type in 'text' or 'music' and you will see results

Comment

The locate command. (From the mlocate package) is another was. In a terminal you can enter
            locate bin/firstfewchar of app name.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X