This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe Sandbox

I've seen at least one user who has Universe Sandbox, a space simulation program. I downloaded it a week ago and have been unable to keep it from crashing at different moments during simulations--it just freezes up. While I've written to the company which designed the simulation, they haven't really been able to solve the problem, and have offered me a re-download or a refund. I like what I've seen of the program so far and am hoping that someone can help me on this. I'm using Kubuntu 16.04 with the latest Plasma version on an i3 processor, 4 gb memory and a Raedeon 5400 series video card.

From there Home Page:
    Universe Sandbox ² is still in active development. We're not done fixing bugs, implementing features, and adding polish. But there's already a lot to explore, and every update introduces improvements. There are many more to come.
    Granted, it's "been in development" for five years now, but applications 'like this' take a lot of time to get right. Are you using OpenGL? If 'yes', which version? If 'yes', have you tried changing the version?

Have you reached out to their fourm? http://universesandbox.com/forum/
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am using OpenGL version 2.0. I switched to 3.1 but the program crashed after awhile on that. I have checked out the US forums but they don't seem to address my problem. The program is still usable, but it always ends with a crash.

Comment

Are you using open source drivers for that video card ?
        Or proprietary drivers?

Edit -
        Nevermind this ... seems there is not support yet for 16.04 via proprietary.

You might need to wait for updates in the open source drivers or for proprietary drivers to get released.
        However we have been sitting on the crimson 15.12 since december.
        Last edited by otisklt; Jun 02, 2016, 06:48 PM. Reason: clarify
        Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
        X