Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or, if you burned it to a USB stick, did you check the stick?
    Ah, yes. Maybe technically correct, but ... first time I heard about this issue. I usually rely on dd to report any errors--which does sometimes require proper interpretation--and if not, then I go with it. Fact is, I've never had any problems at all doing a dd iso-to-usb, not even dd errors.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I,m with Qqmike and use dd almost exclusively. The only graphical writer i found reliable is Suse Studio Image Writer which comes standard with any Manjaro distro. I'm not sure if it is available for Kubuntu
      sigpic

Comment

re: thanks!

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        The output of your dd for ubuntu.iso looks ok and "normal" to me. Your dd uses the default block size, bs=512 (bytes). Output is about 1.4 GiB, and the time in seconds looks reasonable. I assume you renamed your Ubuntu iso to be ubuntu.iso (in your Download folder).
        The usb worked and let me reinstall ubuntu, so all is good. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Thanks, but I managed to get dd working, and am now back on Ubuntu 16.04 which is working much better without any wifi issues, usb writing issues. Cheers again, S

Comment

Working...
          X