X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to Kontact PIM app suite

Hi there.

What would you recommend as Kontact alternative to Kontact ? What I want/need:

1. Qt/KDE apps.
    2. Email (IMAP) + Calendar + Contacts + Tasks (all for Google services).
    3. Suite is better than separate apps.

The reason of this quest to replace the Kontact - Akonadi. It takes a week or two before I need to clean it and do full synchronization again and again. Before coming to Kubuntu 16.04 I tried Ubuntu Gnome with Evolution and it worked just fine.

Disclaimer 1 - yes, I checked internet for alternatives before posting my request here - found nothing practical.
    Disclaimer 2 - yes, I know about web apps but I'm old school user and use web apps as a backup only

Regards
    ArtūrasB.

In short, with (1) as a requirement, no.

I'm gonna guess that you've probably found most if not all of the available options in your searches. There are not many, really.

sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Look into Manjaro KDE minimal + TBLightning - looks promissing.
      It is a reason I am using XFCE in spite of Kubuntu better GPU support...

Comment

Originally posted by poltiser View Post
        Look into Manjaro KDE minimal + TBLightning - looks promissing.
        It is a reason I am using XFCE in spite of Kubuntu better GPU support...
        Thanks. I prefer debian/ubuntu based OSes and have an obsession to utilize "native" apps as much as I can
        This probably means that only Android can fulfill my needs . Jokes aside, I really hope, that with next major version of KDE app update things will improve.

Comment

Working...
        X