This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyradio not working in 16.04

I just installed Kubuntu 16.04 today, installed all the software I had on my 14.04 system.
    I tried installing Pyradio per the instructions.

PHP Code:
    pip install pyradio 
    After this there are no errors reported and it says its installed successfully.

I should see entries in the /usr/local/lib/python2.7/ folder but its blank?!

Does anyone know why? It works perfectly on the 14.04 system.

if you installed it as your normal user, or even sudo, the files go to ~/.local

~/.local/bin/pyradio should run it. Note the "dot" in "local"/. Of course, ~/.local/bin is not in our $PATH by default , but you can add it to your ~/.bashrc

Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.local/bin
    Then run
    Code:
    source .bashrc
    to load the changes and you should be able to just enter pyradio without typing in the full path.

There probably is a configuration somewhere to change things when using pip, but I have zero clues.

Comment

Thank you very much, that worked perfectly!

<issue resolved>

Comment

Update:

Though this issue along with others have been resolved, I'm disappointed to say ill be returning to 14.04.
        16.04 is very buggy and a Beta at best. It is not at all stable at least for me.

Suddenly the internet drops and i dont see any way to get the driver to work except to reboot under recovery mode and run network reset.
        Not worth the hassle.
        14.04 works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
        X