X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Telepathy and O365 clients over SIP

Hello all,

First time post.

Small backstory: I've been supporting my companies email and web infrastructure for some time now, and it all runs in a couple flavors of CentOS 7. In order to facilitate my further education in Linux, I've decided to run it daily on my work laptop - forcing me to learn it more and more. Kubuntu was very aesthetically pleasing to me after trying a few different Distro's, and I have a couple monitoring servers running on Ubuntu 14,04 at work anyway, so it seemed the logical choice.

I've recently upgraded from 15.10 > 16.04 and that seemed to solve an issue I was having in connecting to our Office 365 Skype for Business server, however now the contact window will not show the usernames or pictures:

curious enough, I can actually search for specific people within the contacts list and it will find them, so I know the contact list has been downloaded successfully, it just isn't displaying properly.

Any ideas? Has anyone run into this issue before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try changing the Theme you are using to the stock default (Breeze) and see what, if any, difference it makes.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Try changing the Theme you are using to the stock default (Breeze) and see what, if any, difference it makes.
      That seemed to do it - the contacts are now displaying, however I only see them in this format:

sip:username@domain.com

I was poking around in the settings of the telepathy messaging system - do you know of a way to just display user names?

Comment

Are you 'on-line' when looking at the contacts? If 'no', connect and then look at the contacts, which you should then be able to 'filter' by usernames.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X