Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installer crashes installing from the live CD in Virtualbox with only 1gb of memory

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer crashes installing from the live CD in Virtualbox with only 1gb of memory

Installing from the live CD 64bit, it boots and I click on the option to install 16 permanently onto the hard drive - a 14gb VDI drive has been created ready for the o/s. The virtual system has been allocated 1gb of memory.

The install sits and attempts to do its thing, then crashes, if I allocate 2gb of memory, reboot and retry, the installer proceeds as it is expected to do. I have performed this a few times now and the same occurs each time.

Just thought I'd let you know that there appears to be a memory limitation during installation. Virtualbox is the latest version.

I've just been having a glance through the installation guide in case it mentioned needing more ram for installation than operation, as I recall other distributions doing, It doesn't mention it but that, does say The root ( / ) directory needs at least 25 GB of space. which is interesting as I always give it 20GB with no problems.
    If you're sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Thankyou for that, it installed perfectly in 14gb.

Comment

Working...
      X