This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dequire View Post
    ... your etc/apt/sources.list file, along with a comment that the PPA was disabled due to the upgrade. I would back-up and rename this file prior to upgrading and, once the (hopefully) successful upgrade is complete, copy and paste your 3rd party PPA's back into your sources.list file ...
    For completeness, someone should mention the /etc/apt/sources.d directory. Rather than adding to sources.list, files with entries can be dropped in that directory with ".list" as the file name suffix. IIRC to disable these they are renamed to .list.save or some such. So, when copying sources.list, copy everything in sources.d too.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      For completeness, someone should mention the /etc/apt/sources.d directory. Rather than adding to sources.list, files with entries can be dropped in that directory with ".list" as the file name suffix. IIRC to disable these they are renamed to .list.save or some such. So, when copying sources.list, copy everything in sources.d too.
      Great point!
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

What's the current status of 16.04.1 stability. I have help off my main rig update, due to real life pre-occupations. This thing is up 24/7 and can't afford any downtime. I wan't it done before the new season of Agents of SHIELD starts.

Comment

Let me answer my own question. I bit the bullet and did 14.04 to 16.04.1 upgrade and it was mostly painless. Some ppa's got f'ed up, and my wine programs don't seem to work, but I can fix that manually later.

I may do a full wiipe and re-install later at some point to get a "clean" system that is more responsive, but for now it will do.

What nvidia drivers should I use? Default seems to be 361 (gtx 970)?

Comment

Working...
          X