My Muon offers purge:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7065[/ATTACH]
    What version are you running?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170719_215837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	643552
    Last edited by steve7233; Jul 19, 2017, 10:16 PM.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

steve7233@

When you click on Removal, you are presented with other options.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Steve7233
        What Snowhog said, and, I'm using version 5.7.0
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Purge_Muon_5-7-0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	643553
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 21, 2017, 11:51 AM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          steve7233@

When you click on Removal, you are presented with other options.
          Nope not in this version.
          Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

Where did you get your version? I used discover and it downloaded version 5.6.0.

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
              Where did you get your version? I used discover and it downloaded version 5.6.0.
              I'm running a fully updated KDE Neon User Edition and Muon is at version 5.7.0
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                Version 5.6.0 on my system includes a Purge option if you click on the down arrow next to the Removal button.
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Today I turned on my computer and it did the same thing as it did with the other kernel. I think it was those UEFI updates that I added yesterday. That's probably what messed up my other kernel. Now what do I do since I have no other kernels on this machine? Just the recovery mode that I am using now. I guess I will have to try to figure out how to use my BTRFS snapshots to roll back root.

Comment

IMO with a 2007 or so consumer grade HP you're on borrowed time, to say the least. My advice is to cut your losses now. Electronics recycling seems too good a fate for them; maybe after a session with a sledgehammer.

Regards, John Little
                    Regards, John Little

Comment

If you created your snapshots as read only (using -r) then all you have to do is, as root in a Konsole:
                      mount /dev/sdX (1?) /mnt
                      mv /mnt/@ /mnt/@_old
                      mv /mnt/@home /mnt/@home_old

btrfs subvol snapshot /mnt/snapshots/@_bkupyyyymmdd /mnt/@
                      btrfs subvol snapshot /mnt/snapshots/@home_bkupyyyymmdd /mnt/@home
                      exit
                      exit
                      and then reboot.

Of course, change the values of /dev/sdX(1) and yyyymmdd to your values, or however you snapshotted them.

Comment

Working...
                      X