X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network manager keeps asking for wifi password

Dear all,

I am connecting to a wifi network using "WPA/2 personal". The network is configured to connect autmoatically, and to let all users connect.

From time to time, the connection is lost and, instead of reconnecting automatically, I am asked for the password again. If I just ignore the promt and manually reconnect using the saved password, everythin runs smoothly, but I guess the expected behavior is for the system to reconnect automatically, without asking for a password when there is one already stored. Changing the type of encryption (or other interventions on the access point) is not an option, since the ap is shared among different users, and it's a bit embarassing to explain that my super cool linux system cannot realize that it already knows the password for the network

Any idea how to fix this? I have seen several older threads on similar issues, but no solutions were proposed...

Thanks for your help,

Andrea.

I had the same problem. So I enabled the wallet system (System Settings --> Account Details -->KDE Wallet) by checking the box, but leaving everything else alone.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. My wallet was already activated. I have tried to switch it off, just in case...

Comment

Just for the record, disabling the wallet did not help

Comment

I was being asked repeatedly for my password with KWallet active, so I activated it and now KMail shows without a password request.
          Make sure kmail is not running when you make the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X