This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHIFT KEY is not working after installation

Hi, I installed the software, everything is fine. I set the new password with uppercase letters. Then, after reboot, I can't login. Both shift keys are not working...

I havea DELL Latitude E6410, uing generic layout 101 keys. Ihavetriedthe poprietary keyoard, still not working. So I guessed i could have been the driver, but where can I updae the driver? Do I need to?

What else?

Does the CAPS LOCK key work?

Comment

Yes, I need to use the CAPS LOCK when logging in, but both shift keys are disabled somehow... They worked, but suddenly not...

Comment

Did you inadvertently change the keyboard designation somehow?
        System Settings --> Input Devices --> Keyboard
        Assuming you use the default English/American keyboard that should be "generic 101-key PC"
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I am using norwegian layout... Is it possible there us a bug during installation? I don't see why at first it worked...
          Last edited by blckwtr; Apr 03, 2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Probably not during installation but perhaps an upgrade introduced one?
            For grins change the keyboard to US, reboot, change it to your language, then reboot again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Seems like it fixed itself after a shutdown and an airplane travel... Thanks anyway...

Comment

While self-healing problems are nice, there is no guarantee they won't rear their ugly heads again.
                Or, perhaps, a stray cosmic ray, pion, muon or other members of the "zoo" hitting a RAM location and toggling a bit.
                Or, just the occasional static electricity spark.

Comment

Working...
                X