X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDDM Active Directory Login

Hi,
    I've installed KUbuntu 16.04 to new notebook and connect it to domain using sssd (I did it for the first time). Domain account works well in CLI but I can't find way how to log in GUI. Following https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...-Login-Problem I've set MaximumUid=299000000 and HideUsers=nobody in /etc/sddm.conf but it works for local accounts only.

I'm not sure if SDDM starts before AD accounts are avalaible and if some changes in /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service would help. Following http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...-ldap-kerberos I tried to add After=network.target there but no change. I'm not familiar with systemd too much. Should I change something else to make AD accounts avalaible in SDDM?

Breeze is the only SDDM theme in KUbuntu 16.04 and it doesn't allow a custom username to be entered. Is any way to change it, please?

Thanks for tips.
    Tomas

updating to the breeze theme in plasma 5.8 will help. for now you can install other breeze themes using the package manager
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      updating to the breeze theme in plasma 5.8 will help. for now you can install other breeze themes using the package manager
      Do you mean something as "apt-get install sddm-theme-[circles,elarun,maldives,maui]"? Or should I use Discover? Could you lead me a little more, please? I'm sorry for my inexperience with Plasma etc.
      Thanks for your answer anyway.
      Tomas

Comment

it doesn't matter if you use apt or discover they are both installing packages.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
          it doesn't matter if you use apt or discover they are both installing packages.
          I was nor sure if installing some other SDDM Theme is the clue or if I need to change Breeze anyhow. I've just installed sddm-theme-circles and it works. Thanks for your support.
          Tomas

Comment

Working...
          X