This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GnuTLS error

Trying to connect Kubuntu 16.04 box with usb cable connected iPad Pro 12.9 running ios 10.0.2

:~$ /usr/bin/idevicepair -u ***** pair SUCCESS: Paired with device

:~$ idevicepair validate ********* SUCCESS: Validated pairing with device

:~$ ifuse ~/media/ipad -u ****** GnuTLS error: Error in the pull function. Failed to connect to lockdownd service on the device. Try again. If it still fails try rebooting your device.

Reboot, repeat, same result. Anyone know what's wrong, OR is there a better forum to ask this question?

Thx, Gus

Interesting. I have an iPhone 6+ running iOS 10.0.2.
    While running the 8 and 9 iOS's I was able to use the Apple power plug to connect to a USB port on this laptop which would trigger Dolphin. Then I could download the movies and photos I had taken. I just tried it and it failed repeatedly, first asking if I trust this device, and when I tapped "Yes" it warned that it may not be able to connect, which it was not.

My laptop Bluetooth couldn't even see my iPhone, much less attempt to connect to it. And, my iPhone couldn't see the Bluetooth on this laptop.

I decided to check my goto iPhone app, "FileMaster". I moved the photos of my grandson's fishing trips catches into FileMaster's folder and activated WifiConnection. I opened 192.168.1.3:8000 in my FF browser and selected the photos. All 81.6 Mb downloaded in a few seconds to this laptop. I could have used my FF link to upload files to my iPhone. At least FileMaster still works.

EDIT:
    I didn't like the way the "Trust" screen was blinking in and out, and the battery charge bell was beeping. Seems like a problem with my cable. I got another cable that I know is good and plugged my iPhone into my laptop using it. Dolphin popped up and displayed "camera:/
    and listed the "Apple iPhone 5" directory (?) and under it was all 480 photos. I copied them to my laptop and the transfer was very quick. No joy with Bluetooth, however.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 10, 2016, 03:54 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X