This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it necessory to upgrade ?

I installed 16.04 so that I could work with Arduino IDE. XP was not supporting Arduino ID. I am asking this so that I should understand the pros and cons of upgrade and also may be beneficial to other.

Well I installed and try to get everything to my preference. I am a slow learner and it took me 6 installation/s to learn what is perfect for me. I am using 250 GB WD HDD only for Kubuntu. No other OS. I am happy.

Is upgrade (570 MB+) really accessory?

I saw in some forums to update and upgrade and then install synaptic through console. I did this three times and and every time problems started. Kmail gave me so much problem yesterday, I decided to re-install today. Happy to say that I was able to install, update. Configured Kmail. And then installed Arduino IDE, Synaptic, VLC and imported all data from USB sticks. Took a back up using clonezill on to a USB stick and wrote it on to a DVD. Without any problem. All flat in three hours. Back up foot print is very small only 1.6 GB.

All this said I have experienced that upgrading after install after installation starts some unnecessary problems for a new starter.

My system details: Intel motherboard with 965 chip-set, 3 GHz processor, 2 GB DDR2 533 RAM.
Working...
X