This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Screen logs my session out

SOLVED(?) I ran updates and now it is working correctly. No idea what actually fixed it.
    I just upgraded from 15.10 to 16.04. A bit of back story to this.

I did have a problem with the upgrade, it was running in the background and I went to lock my screen ctrl-alt-l(L) and left it for about 30 minutes. I came back and the lock screen was not there, just the desktop. I was not able to interact with the desktop at all but my mouse was moving like the lock screen was there.

I went to a new TTY and everything was running and I tried to kill the lock but of course that made it worse. I ended up rebooting and of course it was partially upgraded to 16.04. I had to login via TTY and finish the upgrade from there.

Once I was able to see the login screen once again everything seemed to be fine but when I logged in I wouldn't get the plasma desktop. Just the mouse with a black screen. so again went in to the TTY and uninstalled plasma and reinstalled it. After that I was able to login and get the desktop. Now the last problem that I have is if I am working say and have a shell, a browser, and some apps running and I go and lock my screen ctrl-alt-l or lock it from the k-menu, the screen will flash and I see the shell login prompt quickly and then the normal GUI login menu shows up. If I login my session is gone with anything I was running before, and I have to open all my applications again.

I have tried to google the symptoms and I am not able to come up with anything as of yet.

I would rather not have to do a fresh install since this is my work laptop and I don't want to waste my weekend rebuilding it.

Not too sure where to even start to troubleshoot this one. Any advise would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Guest; Jun 29, 2016, 08:42 AM. Reason: clarity!
Working...
X