X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu xenial goes to sleep mode instead of loggin in

Hi all

On a Thinkpad 510 I am experiencing a lot of trouble since I have installed the nvidia graphics driver package 340.96 (recommended by KDE):

It has become a difficult topic to start and log into kubuntu xenial. Instead of logging in the system goes to sleep mode. Pressing the start button again makes the system to resume the loggin in process (no password required) but usually falls asleep again. This can go on for a while. If it finally reaches a state where KDE is up and running, typically wireless is disconnected.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

No answers that far?

.. my solution was to install Kubuntu 14.10 again and to wait for a more stable post release of xenial.

Hope it helps..

Comment

Originally posted by xenialUser View Post
      No answers that far?

.. my solution was to install Kubuntu 14.10 again and to wait for a more stable post release of xenial.

Hope it helps..
      A very uncommon problem. I've been using Linux since 1998 and Berger heard of that one. A common recommendation when one encounters icing conditions is to turn around and fly back the way they came!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes indeed. I have been using Linux since 2003 and Kubuntu since 2006 but that behaviour is definitely a nuisance. On the other hand, 16.04 is not fully keyboard oriented anymore (at least not for my needs). Basic commands should be possible by default without any mouse clicks.

Comment

Working...
        X