This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time zone CEST with wrong time

During the past week I've seen an update to the tzdata file.
    At the time I didn't pay attention but two days ago I started to notice my computer is 2 hrs ahead of Central European summer time.

After deselecting the automatic synchronisation I can manually set the correct time, the moment I do select the auto time they clock moves forward two hours.
    I'm normally on Amsterdam time, just to check I also tried Paris Copenhagen and and Berlin, all show the same behaviour.
    This is with two individual and slightly different installs of Kubuntu 16.04

Booting the same computer on 14.04 or 15.10 gives the correct time.

One thing left for me to check is selecting a different time zone like Lisbon and London or say Algeria because they don't do daylight saving.

Anyone else with this observation?
    Last edited by Teunis; Apr 11, 2016, 04:48 PM. Reason: 16.04

no ,,,,,do you have one of the UTC time zones selected ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I had similar issue here up to yesterday, central USA time, showing 5hrs behind. Latest updates seem have corrected the issue.

Comment

For me the fix has arrived this morning (but I didn't have a chance to update yesterday)

Comment

Well. it appears that the latest update again messed up the time. Now my panel clock shows 5 hrs behind the local time (central USA.)

Comment

Working...
          X