This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Meter does not show up sometimes

Hello! Sometimes when i log in Kubuntu 16.04 my volume meter icon does not show up and i have to re-login to get it to appear. Any ideas or is this a bug?

Thank you!

Expletive, I had hoped that had been fixed, it used to happen to me a lot in 15.10.
    Instead of logging out and in, you can try going to the system tray settings and hide, apply, then show the applet (I'm not sure what they're called now).
    I was running 15.10 on a very old, slow system, and I'm now running 16.04 on a new, fast one (1 second from login to desktop) and haven't seen it happen, so I expect the problem is caused by a race condition. These are difficult to reproduce and fix.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Ok thank you. I get it almost evry initial login, but not ure what the task is. Any idea what log files may be useful?

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      Expletive, I had hoped that had been fixed, it used to happen to me a lot in 15.10.
      Instead of logging out and in, you can try going to the system tray settings and hide, apply, then show the applet (I'm not sure what they're called now).
      I was running 15.10 on a very old, slow system, and I'm now running 16.04 on a new, fast one (1 second from login to desktop) and haven't seen it happen, so I expect the problem is caused by a race condition. These are difficult to reproduce and fix.

Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X