X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    strange ,,,it quit once again .....

VINNY
    I had that problem last night, but it was fixed simply by right-clicking the widget and clicking Refresh. No problems this morning, it connected right away when I logged in. Maybe Yahoo had a server hiccup?

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      This is the one I've previously referred to as the 'Norwegian' because of the weather service used.

I noticed it tied up 100% of a CPU thread in attempts to update when off-line.
      I have checked my system and it doesn't use 100% CPU. I put my system off-line and it still did not use anywhere near 100% CPU. It had a similar CPU blip to what I get when connected.

I have now realized that multiple weather regions can be added by selecting "Next Location" on the detailed weather information. I did this a couple of times and the CPU load is shown below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_1604%.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	643165

I find that the update of the weather details can be made as low as 20min but I think that the source data is updated at a slower rate as I have noticed on some occasions a discrepancy in the temperatures, like 6C, with local temperatures.
      Last edited by NoWorries; Apr 01, 2016, 09:43 PM. Reason: Added a comment on off-line CPU load

Comment

the yahoo widget has been fixed the working ver. is 5.1.1 "com.librehat.yahooweather-5.1.1.plasmoid"

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          the yahoo widget has been fixed the working ver. is 5.1.1 "com.librehat.yahooweather-5.1.1.plasmoid"

VINNY
          Sorry to say that after installing the Yahoo Weather widget and setting the WOEID it still gave the Error 1: Please check your network message. I tried this on Xenial with KDE Plasma 5.5.4 and another Xenial with KDE Plasma 5.5.5. Both gave the same error. I have installed the packages qml-module-qtquick-xmllistmodel and qml-module-qtqml-models2.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
            Sorry to say that after installing the Yahoo Weather widget and setting the WOEID it still gave the Error 1: Please check your network message. I tried this on Xenial with KDE Plasma 5.5.4 and another Xenial with KDE Plasma 5.5.5. Both gave the same error. I have installed the packages qml-module-qtquick-xmllistmodel and qml-module-qtqml-models2.
            what ver. of the widget ?

the "download new widgets" may be grabbing a older ver. ,,,,,,,try git cloning and building it (post #11) ,,,yahoo changed their API access recently and all had to be rebuilt/modified .

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

I have checked the Yahoo Weather widget version and it is 5.1.1 on 06-04-2016 and it is tested with KDE Plasma Version 5.5. I still get the Error message with Plasma Version 5.5.4 but with Plasma Version 5.5.5 is works, sort off. In this case there is not a visible icon, it is dark but I can get the weather details when the mouse is hovered above the icon and also when I click on it.

Looks like I will have to try your post #11 even though the Widget version is the latest.

Comment

strange ,,,,I am plasma ver. 5.5.4

and the systemtray icon

VINNY
                Last edited by vinnywright; Apr 08, 2016, 09:22 PM.
                16GB RAM

Comment

I am pleased to now report that I now have it working on KDE Plasma 5.5.4. It worked after I returned to my Laptop and booted it up. I thought that I had done that when I tested it before and it did not work. All I can think is that some of the updates that came in fixed it.

Comment

yes ,,,,for some reason the "qml-module-qtqml-models2" will not get used by the widget until after a reboot if installed after the fact.

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

Thanks Vinny for mentioning that qml module, it did not install by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                        Thanks Vinny for mentioning that qml module, it did not install by itself.
                        most widgets you get from kde.look or the such will not install dependences by them selves unless it comes in the form of a .deb with the depends listed in the control file .

usually the developer will list the depends needed "like these qml-module's" on the web page thay are hosted on.

IF
                        you select the "details" of the widget in the "download new widgets" tool they will probably be listed.

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                        X