This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwenview won't update

Since a few days a Gwenview update is held back.

I had a look at the dependencies and figured maybe I should first remove it and then reinstall.

A bad move, the removal went fine, now there are dependency issues preventing a new installation

Anyway, I traced back the dependencies and there is a solution, first install:
    libkf5kipi-data
    Next
    ibkf5kipi30.0.0
    And finally
    gwenview
    The bonus: for the first time in almost a year some kipi plugins have reappeared!

The negative, showfoto and kipi-data won't update without removing ... gwenview

I'm having a problem where i cannot install gwenview and ksnapshot at the same time...

tweak@AmigaBuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install gwenview libkf5kipi30.0.0 libkf5kipi-data
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following additional packages will be installed:
    libkf5kdcraw5
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    ksnapshot libkipi-data libkipi11
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    gwenview libkf5kdcraw5 libkf5kipi-data libkf5kipi30.0.0
    0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 2,947 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 4,175 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
    Last edited by Oderus; Mar 15, 2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

ksnapshot (a lingering KDE 4 program) has been replaced with Spectacle (package name kde-spectacle)
      gwenview they are working on getting the kipi-plugins working with it again. The kde4 kipi packages that Ksnapshot uses are replaced by the Frameworks 5 kipi libraries, though these older libs have not been removed from the archive yet. So what aptm is doing is actually correct.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        ksnapshot (a lingering KDE 4 program) has been replaced with Spectacle (package name kde-spectacle)
        gwenview they are working on getting the kipi-plugins working with it again. The kde4 kipi packages that Ksnapshot uses are replaced by the Frameworks 5 kipi libraries, though these older libs have not been removed from the archive yet. So what aptm is doing is actually correct.
        Wonderful thank you I was unaware of this obviously. Ill just get rid of snapshot and use gwenview with spectacle.

Comment

You *may* have to set the keyboard shortcut (Prnt Scrn) to use the new spectacle. (/usr/bin/spectacle) Not sure if that part was fixed yet or not.

Comment

KDE_Specacle wants to remove plasma-desktop and plasma desktop-data...

Comment

Not here, on my 16.04 system. A simulated install (sudo apt-get install --simulate kde-spectacle) shows that the only action would be to install that package.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X