X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KRDC Issues Cant Connect to Second Kubuntu System

Hello all,

I am having issues using KRDC to connect to my Kubuntu desktop from my Kubuntu laptop. Every time I try to use it to connect, i just get a blank blue screen. Nothing ever happens no matter how long I let it sit. I can use it with RDP protocol to connect to the Windows Server we use at the place I work at, but at home I cant seem to get it to connect to my Kubuntu desktop whether I try to use RDP or VNC.

Any thoughts?
    He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for the belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.

I see no one has any thoughts on this.
    He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for the belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.

Comment

Nope, not a one

Comment

But, seriously, you may have to investigate a different thing to use Plasma 5 uses opengl heavily, and some things don't like it.
        vnc seems to be the better choice, but which one? probably tightvnc , x11vnc, or something not 'regular' vnc or rdp

There are a number of threads on forum.kde.org relating to this, but resolutions are not always present.
        Last edited by claydoh; Feb 18, 2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

You have not mentioned what server your using on the kubuntu machine to do the remote desktop . you did set up something for the client to connect to right?
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I'm using Teamviewer, I know it's not open source and even less native to KDE but it works and, very important, is largely platform independent.

Comment

Working...
            X