X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEwallet is messed up

Hello group-

I'm running 15.10 and am very happy, except for kdewallet. It doesn't like the passwords I give, won't let me create a new one (at least I don't think so), and I can't seem to kill it.

I don't think this is a new issue :-> so can some do me a great favour and point me to the best way to resolve it. No need to recreated the documentation; I'm fine with a posted url.

Thanks,

RSV869

the first time the wallet stores a password it will prompt you to create a password for the wallet itself. if you set that it will prompt you for a password every time it attempts to open the wallet. for this reason its usually best to leave the password blank so that it will be able to automaticly access the wallet when you log in with out prompting for a password. to fix yours you need to remove the wallet you have locked yourself out of and create a new one.

system settings -> account details -> kde wallet -> launch wallet manager-> file -> delete wallet and then make a new one and set it in the previous dialog .
    there is also a change password option for the wallet if you can remember the password you can reset it.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

What are the chances? I had a similar problem on openSUSE just the other day.

You have two kwallets, one for kde4 applications and one for kde5 applications.

You need kwalletmanager5 to view and edit the kde5 wallet, which is used by most apps. Plasma 5 should ship with kwalletmanager5, but it currently ships with kwalletmanager on openSUSE, and probably on Kubuntu too.

You may need to remove kwalletmanager before you can install kwalletmanager5.
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X