X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VLC 2.2.2 / Plasma 5.5.3

Hi.
    I just updated to Plasma 5.5.3 and also to the 2.2.2 version of VLC so not sure which one to blame.
    I'm having problems with VLC when going to full screen from a relatively small window. The thing is image only takes a small portion of the screen (upper left) while the rest stays black. If I maximize the video window previous to going to full screen (note that those are different situations) all seems to work OK.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

Same thing happens on both my PC (Plasma 5.5.3 + VLC 2.2.2 + AMD graphics) and laptop (Plasma 5.5.3 + VLC 3.0 Git with Intel graphics), although in my case it always happens if the player is bigger than a certain size.

Comment

Yes, you're right. If I "manually" resize the video window, the actual video is not properly resized.
      Now I see I didn't explained myself: if I maximize VLC and then go full screen the problem persists. I have to maximize, then exit, then execute VLC again ("resize to video size" option is disabled) to get the video to start maximized and then go full screen to make it work.
      If I enable the "resize to video size" option I can't make VLC to start maximized and so I can't have full screen working as it should.

Comment

Same here.

Video seems to be correctly scaled thought the area on the screen is not resized to match the application window (or full screen).

Comment

Same here. Ive switched back to Dragon Player because VLC was giving m too many problems with full screen play.

Comment

Hi people,

I have the same thing going on here. I'm 'happy' to see that it is not something I did. Anyway, changing the default skin into a custom skin helps. It is still not perfect as the player has some difficulties to allow other screen go on top of it, but at least the screen is resizeable again

Open VLC
            Go to preferences
            On the 'Interface Settings' tab you'll find a link to download new skins... Download a nice one.
            Than in the same tab you can navigate to you're Download folder and open the new skin (don't forget to click 'apply')
            Maybe you'll need to restart VLC

Comment

My big problem with VLC is that I cannot, in full screen, control the media, ie pause, advance, volume, etc. I tried new skins without success in this area. In fact I had less control.

I tried VLC on Xenial and it works perfectly. So for Wily, my current best option is Dragon Player.

Comment

Askubuntu - VLC video playback is trimmed and blacked out
                Try Me !

Comment

Working...
                X