This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest update destroyed Kubuntu

So I did a major update yesterday moving up to Plasma 5.5.3. I now have no audio, my Nvidia settings dont persist, I have frequent desktop freezes, and every time I boot, I have a different collection of random system tray items. Any ideas?

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
    So I did a major update yesterday moving up to Plasma 5.5.3. I now have no audio,
    $ sudo usermod -a -G audio <user_login>

The rest of the issues, I have no idea... desktop freezes might be related to the rogue apt-cache processes (see my recent post) or it could be something else.

Comment

I'm making progress. I was missing some essential kubuntu desktop packages so reinstalling kubuntu-desktop brought them back. This resolved my Nvidia problem and the system tray seems to be stable now. For audio, Im making progress. I reinstalled alsa-base, pulseaudio and kmix and this allowed me to at least view the audio channels in system settings. However, the only audio channel I can actually select is Dummy Output, which does nothing obviously.

bamyasi, I tried that but it deosnt seem to have done anything. I'll do a reboot to see if Im in the audio group after logging in again.

Comment

bamyasi, yeah, that did it after logging in.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
          bamyasi, yeah, that did it after logging in.
          Sorry, I forgot to mention you need to log out and re-login for the changes to make effect! My fault...

Comment

No problem. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
            X