This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No right audio headphone

This is a bit weird. In 15.04 I sometimes missed the right audio channel on my headphone. When I turned all the volumes to 100% it would jump back in. I had the same on my wife's laptop. That one is still on 15.04 but my Lenovo w540 runs 15.10 and I cannot find a way to get the right channel of my headphone back on. I have tried many things. Alsamixer shows all channel without being muted or the like. I've re-installed alsa, edited analog-output-headphones.conf and more. Is this a know issue? I do hope someone can help me out here.
    Please let me know what more information you need.
    Last edited by jurgen; Jan 04, 2016, 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling

do you have a other set of headphones to test with ,,,,,,this sounds like a bad wire in the headphone line or not plugged in all the way.

anyway if you have pavucontrol (pulse audio volume control) installed you can use it to lock/unlock the channels (right/left) and adjust them separately.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      do you have a other set of headphones to test with ,,,,,,this sounds like a bad wire in the headphone line or not plugged in all the way.

anyway if you have pavucontrol (pulse audio volume control) installed you can use it to lock/unlock the channels (right/left) and adjust them separately.

VINNY

Hi Vinny,

Yes, I did check with an other set. Same result. I experience this on both laptops. So I was thinking about an certain config or upgrade because a few weeks ago i did not have this problem (normally I upgrade and configure both laptops at the same time).

Comment

Well, this is really embarrassing. I tested the jack plug with two headphones. Apparently both were broken in the right ear (while one was brand new).
        I tested the new one on a tablet and realised that it could not be that both laptops and the tablet had the same error. So I bought a new headset (again) and this one is fine.

My apologise for this none-thread.

Thx for the help anyway,
        Jurgen

Edit:
        I discovered that, in order to save power, my audio is switched off. This happens with a 'plop' and causes to damage the small wires in my headset... Switching off this power saving option allows me to use my headset a bit longer than only a few days
        Last edited by jurgen; Feb 01, 2016, 12:29 AM. Reason: Extra Info

Comment

Working...
        X