This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWallet totally broken in 15.10

After upgrading to 15.04 I found Kwallet was broken - I could not create new wallets nor change the password on the existing wallet, but it did keep storing new passwords in the wallet.

I have just upgraded to 15.10 and now kwallet is totally screwed. I can not open any wallet (the password is never accepted, even though it is correct) and KMail, which was working previously, now can not access passwords from kwallet. I can not delete wallets, create wallets or change the wallet passwords in kwalletmanager. In desperation I deleted all the kwl and salt files, and now if I try and create a new wallet it fails (after entering the password it then gives an error saying it cannot open the wallet and asks for the password - repeat ad infinitum). Most of the time it will not create the kwl file, but occasionally it will but I still cannot access it - it does not even show up in the list of available wallets in kwalletmanager.

I HATE kwallet. It is the bane of my life. How can I reset kwallet to a virgin state and start again? I have tried all sorts of things I have found in different forums but with no luck, and the one thing I have never found is any way of completely resetting kwallet, short of a total clean new install of KDE.

Please help!

Have you tried removing any kwallet config files as well?

I'd suggest first killing any kwallet process running, you can do this using ksysguard.

Then, move/delete/rename any files and folders containing the word "kwallet" from ~/.config, ~/.local, ~/.kde/share/config and ~/.kde/share/apps

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Working...
    X