This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 15.10 widgets disappear[on boot and activity change]

I have a fresh install of kubuntu 15.10. I am new to kubuntu and linux in general, so I dont know if I am doing something wrong. So my problem is that my widgets disappear each time I reboot my computer or when I switch activities using meta+tab. The only way that I now off for the widgets to appear again is for me to right click on the desktop and click the option add widget. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you

your widgets should not be disappearing on a reboot ,,,,,,,

now a different activity will not have the last activity’s widgets or wallpaper ,,,,,they have their own

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      your widgets should not be disappearing on a reboot ,,,,,,,

now a different activity will not have the last activity’s widgets or wallpaper ,,,,,they have their own

VINNY
      Yes, I know that a different activity will have different widgets, panels etc. What I mean is that when I return to the activity that has the widgets, the widgets are gone.

Comment

So, I created a new user, and everything was working fine, until I selected "unify outputs" (I have two monitors, my pc monitor and my TV) at display and monitor settings. Now the same thing happens, each I time I switch activities the widgets are gone

Comment

Have the same problem. Your widgets might be on the other monitor - have you checked? Anyway, I have concluded that to see panel and desktop with widgets, I have to "ununify", separate the two monitors.

Comment

On a Fedora forum I have been advised that Plasma 5.6 will have solved many of the problems with dual and multi monitors. It will be a while before 5.6 gets to Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
            X