This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    it should be. I am assuming that the first command ran a ton of package install and configuration, the second may have done nothing at all, but is used to make sure everything needed is installed, just in case something didn't .
    Yes and yes.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Hi, I got the same result at 75%.

Did the removal of the lock file and ran sudo dpkg --configure -a.

The process is up and running again.

Should there be a call to apt-get autoremove before or after the boot to clean the old packages out?

Comment

It seems to finish after we run the configure command. Seems to be a repeatable glitch. Possibly a bug in the upgrade package?
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

I wish I had viewed this thread sooner. When mine stuck, I left it alone for nearly 4 hours and it was still stuck.
          So I downloaded 15.10 and placed on a bootable thumb drive. I re-installed 15.10 over 15.4, leaving me with a better partitioning and a fresh install of 'Wiley.' I had very little on the older install, since I put most onto Dropbox anyway. So it has taken a couple of days to get it back to a comfortable customization. It has actually been kinda'' fun.
          Using Linux only for a few years, using mostly mouse on GUI (sorry gurus). Kubuntu 19.04 beta on home-built: GigaByte board - AMD Phenom II, 3000 6 core, RAM 4 Gb,

Comment

Working...
          X