Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Kubuntu 15.10 support WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Kubuntu 15.10 support WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)

WPS is when one can connect to a secure WiFi by pushing a button [ ((•)) ] on the router. On Android and Windows, once the button is pushed, you can ask to join the wireless network by just clicking on it on your machine. When I try that on Kubuntu 15.10, it continues to request the password. Does Kubuntu have a WPS option or does it only work with the password? If it does, how do I use it?

Sounds like you are simply being asked to provide the password to the router, that came with the router (unless you changed it). (PW may be printed on the back or bottom of your router).
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Sounds like you are simply being asked to provide the password to the router, that came with the router (unless you changed it). (PW may be printed on the back or bottom of your router).
      The router isn't mine. I'm at the in-laws and they don't have the password. Asking them to find it is too much of a request. I used the WPS system to connect my phone, but the Kubuntu system either doesn't seem to have it or isn't intuitive at all.

Comment

Look on the bottom of the router. Often the original "wifi" password is printed there next to the serial number. If they haven't changed it, you are in.

Comment

Originally posted by ianp5a View Post
          Look on the bottom of the router. Often the original "wifi" password is printed there next to the serial number. If they haven't changed it, you are in.
          it was there. I'm in! thanks you two [emoji133]

Comment

It's always in the fine print! Right, ianp5a?

Qqmike: Sounds like you are simply being asked to provide the password to the router, that came with the router (unless you changed it). (PW may be printed on the back or bottom of your router).
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I hadn't realized that since people have their ISPs provide the routers, so it would make sense for the password to be written on it. That wouldn't fly at house.

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

edit: I'm going to leave the erorrs for comedy
              Last edited by MyBackHertz; Dec 27, 2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X