X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't auto connect from wired LAN

Hi guys,

I'm back to Kubuntu after some long time using Elementary as my primary OS. After an uneventful install, I saw something interesting: Whenever I hook the network cable (or the USB phone set as USB hotspot), nothing happens. On previous distros (or even Windows) a wired network is always autonegotiated and selected whenever detected. Here I need to go to the connection manager and manually add a wired network, every time. It then detects the wired connection and does the negotiation. Is there a way to fix this?

Originally posted by timonoj View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm back to Kubuntu after some long time using Elementary as my primary OS. After an uneventful install, I saw something interesting: Whenever I hook the network cable (or the USB phone set as USB hotspot), nothing happens. On previous distros (or even Windows) a wired network is always autonegotiated and selected whenever detected. Here I need to go to the connection manager and manually add a wired network, every time. It then detects the wired connection and does the negotiation. Is there a way to fix this?
    my new install did this until I added the following to /etc/network/interfaces
    Code:
    auto eho0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    After editing and saving file, restart network, or just reboot system.

Comment

If I might I'd ask a question.

Did you actually go "to the desktop" on the live cd and connect to the internet? And THEN clicked install to install the OS? Or did you just choose to install from the initial menu.

i ran into the problem quite a few installs ago and because of it I always actually go to the desktop, and get on the net from the live cd then install and have not had the problem since.

Just a question.

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X