X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Num lock disable tab alt and other system shortcut

Hi,

Just encoutered the weirdest bug.... on Kubuntu 15.10.

On login, system work as expected, tab-alt switches window and setting custom shortcut for window works OK.

However, after enabling NumLock, tab-alt and others KDE shortcuts (alt+F2) stops working (they just do nothing, but copy paste works fine for instance).
    Disabling num lock restore the default tab-alt behavior.

Does any one have any clue on this one? Seems really weird.
    Thanks!

(nota: i had been fiddling around with my XKB settings to transform my CapsLock to an End key, but I'm pretty sure I reverted this and this should have no effect anymore, just mentioning cause this implied `rm /var/lib/xkb/*.xkm`)

Hi,

After investigation, turns out it's only KWin shortcuts which get disabled when numlock is active.

This includes for instance tab alt, alt f2 but also for instance ctrl-alt-echap to display the skull.

All those shortcuts are disabled as soon as I enable num lock, and reenabled when num lock is disabled.

Really weird.

Comment

Alright,

Solved my problem. I booted on an liveUSB, copy pasted /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/pc from the liveOS to my drive, and then removed all /var/lib/xkb/*.xkm in my system to replace them with the ones from my live system.

It's now working.
      Perfect

Comment

Working...
      X