This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No external drive mounter sice upgrade to 15.10

The widget to mount removable drives has disappeared since upgrading to 15.10 (actually, it's a clean install because upgrading from 15.04 borked my computer and I couldn't boot ...)
    I'm mounting manually like in the old days with mount -t <filesystem> /mount/point but the little widget was useful ... also automounting would be nice.

Anyone have a fix?
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

It exists as a widget that can be added to the panel, I'm not using an English version so I guess it's name starts with 'Device...'

Absolutely no guarantee it'll work or even that it is comparable to The Real Thing.
    I believe this real thing requires at least to be installed;
    udev
    libudev1
    libmount
    qml-module-org-kde-solid

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      It exists as a widget that can be added to the panel, I'm not using an English version so I guess it's name starts with 'Device...'

Absolutely no guarantee it'll work or even that it is comparable to The Real Thing.
      I believe this real thing requires at least to be installed;
      udev
      libudev1
      libmount
      qml-module-org-kde-solid
      Thanks. I have all those dependencies installed but no mounter. Will try the widget route.
      Hmmm....just noticed device mounter is back.
      Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X