X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot suspend, hibernate, hybrid-suspend

[That should be "cannot" not "cannon"]

I am able to suspend from Ubuntu (Unity) 15.10, and I can suspend (pm-suspend) from the Kubuntu 15.10 distribution after booting to single user mode. But I cannot suspend from Kubuntu 15.10, including the situation where I drop back down to single user mode (telinit 1). In all cases where suspend fails, what happens is that the laptop seems to get stuck during suspend after powering down the display but before going into BIOS sleep (where the power button should pulse red). Pressing the power button (as though to resume) will then result in a kernel oops (not surprising).

I thought that given the behavior describe above that maybe it was a problem with modules loaded after single user mode. I blacklisted the only modules that differed between single user mode and level 5 -- those were all related to bluetooth. It was not helpful.

There isn't much information out there on debugging suspend, except where the failure is with resume. That's not the problem I'm having.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 1, AO1-131-C9PM.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Nov 02, 2015, 12:54 PM. Reason: Note type on title

I think I have answered my own question: I have in dmesg the same "ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND" as described in this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1485223
    Last edited by PeterD; Nov 01, 2015, 09:57 AM. Reason: make link

Comment

Originally posted by PeterD View Post
      I think I have answered my own question: I have in dmesg the same "ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND" as described in this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1485223
      Now I think that isn't the problem. I can suspend the same kernel in Xfce. The problem seems to be KDE or sddm. Sddm runs even in runlevel 1, and stopping it (as in "service sddm stop") locks things up. So I can't isolate things further.

Comment

Working...
      X