Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add or delete Favorite applications from Favorites?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add or delete Favorite applications from Favorites?

8 core AMD processor w/32gb RAM/2000Mhz core 2 duo with 8GB RAM. Kubuntu 15.10

Because I prefer customised Icons on applications, when I install an OS fresh, the applications that need to be re-installed remain on the panel, however, they are installed with default icons.

When I configure the application Icons the way I prefer, they change in the system folder, but not in Favorites. When I right-click on the application to select remove from the panel, the options flash so fast that the option you want to select cannot be made.

The same thing happens when I attempt to add an application to favorites; when I right-click on the application I want to add to my Favorites folder, the choices flash and disappear not leaving enough time to make my choice.

My computer is relatively fast, but I do not think that is the reason for the problem; you may notice that my laptop experiences the same problem and is quite slow.

I suspect if this is a bug, those experiencing it have just been waiting for the fix from developers.

Please let me know if anyone else has a similar problem. Thanks!

I don't think anybody is seeing what you're seeing.

I'm in 15.10 now and nothing 'flashes' here. I can add or remove items to and from the Favourites section in the K menu just fine.

To change the icons in the K Start menu to be the same as the ones in the System Tray (I think that is what you mean) just edit the K menu and change the icons individually there to match.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
    X