This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate volume icons

I've noticed that there are two volume icons in the system tray on two different environments. One is for kmix and the other is for the volume controls. Is this meant to be the case in 15.10 or is it a bug?
    I can make the volume control go away using the system tray settings but there isn't an option to remove kmix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.png
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	649049Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	649050

Distros decide ?

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125287/
    Igor Poboiko 1 week, 5 days ago (Sept. 17, 2015, 12:40 p.m.) Still hoping there will be a proper KMix plasma applet. I might have some time to work on it (again? )

Seems like KMix and that new mixer applet are completely unrelated, and they somehow conflict (right now there is two tray icons; if I close KMix - my shortcuts stop working; disabling KMix system tray is less than obvious). What are the plans on solving this issue?

David Edmundson 1 week, 5 days ago (Sept. 17, 2015, 3:39 p.m.) Seems like KMix and that new mixer applet are completely unrelated

In terms of code, yes. In terms of end user functionality, they both basically do the same thing.

>What are the plans on solving this issue?

The shortcuts are a tricky one. By design kglobalaccel will only give one app a global shortcut at time, and naturally they both want XF86AudioLowerVolume and such.
    I think it's just a race to register.

TBH, I expect distros to only pick one, which also kinda resolves the conflict.

Can you swing by #plasma maybe? Might be good to have a discussion." class="reviewtext rich-text">

Seems like KMix and that new mixer applet are completely unrelated

In terms of code, yes. In terms of end user functionality, they both basically do the same thing.

What are the plans on solving this issue?

The shortcuts are a tricky one. By design kglobalaccel will only give one app a global shortcut at time, and naturally they both want XF86AudioLowerVolume and such.
    I think it's just a race to register.

TBH, I expect distros to only pick one, which also kinda resolves the conflict.

Kubuntu devel - Wily upgrade issues: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ku...er/009937.html
    - 2 volume control widgetsKMix is obsolete, right? If yes we probably want to remove it from the archive and make whatever ships the new widget break it so it gets removed on upgrades.
    Better ideas?...
    Try Me !

Comment

did you install Kmix ?

@hear on an install from the beta1 ,,,,,,I do not have kmix by default .

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the "volume applet" dose not give the option to send an audio stream to a different output by clicking on the volume slider and selecting "move to" like kmix did ,,,,,,,,so I installed "pavucontol" ,,,,no system tray icon controle ,,,,but I get far better control over what goes where + allows for pushing volume past 100%

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        and the "volume applet" dose not give the option to send an audio stream to a different output by clicking on the volume slider and selecting "move to" like kmix did
        ^^ this ^^

I thought maybe I was just missing something with the new plasma-pa. I uninstalled it and am sticking with kmix for now. This seems like basic functionality.

I still miss Veromix. Drag and drop a stream to a device right inside the popup window. Was hoping plasma-pa would do that.

Comment

You can move the streams with the popup of the kmix widget.. right click on a streams icon and you can move to device. this feature is not in the new widget/ mixer. hopefully it gets added. veromix was a specific widget for pulseaudio since not every distro uses PA.That function was not part of kimx untill recent releases. ( the ability to move streams)
          Last edited by sithlord48; Oct 01, 2015, 10:00 AM.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X