This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kde crash and back to root after editing fstab, apparently correctly

After having updated to 15.10 everything went fine until I decided to modify fstab to automatically mount my other disks in terminal (they used to appear only in dolphin or applications, but there were no entry in fstab or mount points for them since upgrade to 15.04).

I modified again fstab into its previous state through another linux system and rebooted but still it threw me into a terminal

I tried to reinstall kde but it just reinstalled the kde metapackage, to no avail.

Reconfiguring gdm did nothing.

Post the contents of your fstab file please.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
      #
      # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
      # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
      # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
      #
      # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
      # / was on /dev/sdb1 during installation
      # swap was on /dev/sdc3 during installation
      UUID=060bea74-afcf-41cf-bcc1-1171939d1740 none swap sw 0 0

here it is sirs ..

Comment

Know wonder you can't boot. You don't have a root or home partition identified any more. The only partition listed is the swap.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Know wonder you can't boot. You don't have a root or home partition identified any more. The only partition listed is the swap.
          Ty solved. Used another kubunto to turn fstab into a decent one, with a correct root partition.

I wonder what happened since when I opened it for the first time to modify it there was only swap listed.

regards

Comment

Working...
          X