This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gebberish and unreadable text

I followed instructions Given in today's release note and upgraded my kubuntu 15.04 to 15.10 Beta which was released today.
    Now except for the Luncher menu all other menus along with dolphin, system settings, etc, show gibberish and non-readable text.
    Any ideas what went wrong and how this could be corrected?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by marco07; Oct 23, 2015, 02:09 PM.

Delete the cache contents - user and system.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Delete the cache contents - user and system.
      I tried this with much difficulties due to gibberish dialogue boxes to no avail. I also tried through Bleachbit both root and user methods, again to no avail.
      Since this is a test partition, I decided to download the iso and reinstall it again.
      Thanks for your advise!

Comment

Well, it seems the live usb 15.10 Beta2 is the culprit after all. Here is the story:
        After upgrade from 15.04 to 15.10, as described above, messed up my system, I downloaded 15.10-Beta2 ISO, checked the MD5sum, and put the iso on a usb, using netbootin, and booted-up to live kubuntu 15.10. after passing through splash screen, I clicked on install kubuntu. Lo and be hold from the very 1st dialogue box all were gibberish and absolutely not readable. So, I had to abandon the installation.
        Anyone else experiencing this?
        BTW, I was trying to install this on my desktop, a Lenovo ThingCenter, dual processor with 6Gig Ram and intel graphic card. I am mutibooting this system including 14.04 LTS, and had 15.04 installed and working pretty stable.
        Last edited by marco07; Oct 23, 2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
          Well, it seems the live usb 15.10 Beta2 is the culprit after all. Here is the story:
          After upgrade from 15.04 to 15.10, as described above, messed up my system, I downloaded 15.10-Beta2 ISO, checked the MD5sum, and put the iso on a usb, using netbootin, and booted-up to live kubuntu 15.10. after passing through splash screen, I clicked on install kubuntu. Lo and be hold from the very 1st dialogue box all were gibberish and absolutely not readable. So, I had to abandon the installation.
          Anyone else experiencing this?
          BTW, I was trying to install this on my desktop, a Lenovo ThingCenter, dual processor with 6Gig Ram and intel graphic card. I am mutibooting this system including 14.04 LTS, and had 15.04 installed and working pretty stable.
          Edited 10-23-15:
          Today, I tried to install kubuntu 15.10 final release and again encountered the same problem as with 15.10-Beta2 as described above.
          I googled for a solutions or a workaround trick to no avail.
          Anyone else experiencing such an issue?
          Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
          X