This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't see Windows partition in GRUB menu

After I Installed Kubuntu 15.04 I used boot-repair to fix to be able to dual-boot but when I get to the grub menu I saw only Ubuntu I try boot-repair couple of times still the same result

here is my boot summary from boot-repair
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/12320990/

any help is much appreciated!!!

Sorry, I didn't have time to check your boot summary paste.

Boot into your K(U)buntu, open Konsole (K > Applications > System > terminal (Konsole)), then:

type
    sudo grub-install
    press Enter
    then type
    sudo update-grub
    and press Enter

Re-boot to test it. The update-grub builds a new and (hopefully) complete boot menu showing ALL your operating systems installed that GRUB can boot, including Windows.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

give your password, the same pw you created upon installing Kubuntu
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

after I've done now I don't get to see the grub menu it just boot to Kubuntu

Comment

OK, now you just have to "configure" GRUB a bit. Try this, and remember to edit those files as root, not as a normal user; so you might open the files using Dolphin as root:
          kdesudo dolphin
          then find the file, open it, make the edit(s), save, exit, close Dolphin.

Everything you need and more!

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gr...splay_Behavior

Comment

Go back and delete your PW in #5 keep your PW private ---- I didn't mean to post it here! just enter it if asked by Konsole when you use sudo ....

Comment

what file should i configure?

Comment

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#File_Structure

Comment

I'm in lost I don't know what to configure

Comment

Try this:
                    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gr...ecific_Entries

Did you again run those commands, especially this:

sudo update-grub

I'm concerned now that your GRUB is not detecting Windows, and so is not displaying a boot menu for you to see.

Comment

GRUB_TIMEOUT=10

Make that one for sure (make sure it is not set to zero).

Comment

my output from running sudo update-grub

Generating grub configuration file ...
                        Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-15-generic
                        Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-3.19.0-15-generic
                        Found Windows Recovery Environment (loader) on /dev/sda1
                        done

but now when I reboot I saw only Ubuntu in GRUB menu

Comment

oh thanks for you help! now I saw my Windows Partition in my grub menu

Comment

oh thanks for you help! now I saw my Windows Partition in my grub menu
                            I wonder what fixed it? The update-grub? the GRUB_TIMEOUT=10 ? ...

Glad it works, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X