This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO8601 Format and Dolphin

When I replaced Kubuntu 14.10 with 15.04, I was dismayed to see that the old Locale in System Settings no longer exists to let me choose the ISO 8601 date and time, but the new Regional settings revert back to the archaic AM-PM and MM-DD-YY instead of YYYY-MM-DD in file stamps in Dolphin. I have almost 9 years of spreadsheets, and I want to go back to the ISO 8601 format, to make rapid eye scans down lists of file timestamps in Dolphin. I miss the old Locale setting in System Settings, where the hours and minutes seconds displayed in 24 hour time instead of AM/PM. I used ISO 8601 across the board on my computer, for the digital clock, as well as Dolphin. I recently came to discover that it was because there was a glitch in Plasma 5.3 that has been corrected in Plasma 5.4 (which has just been shipped), but I can't find a way to install Plasma 5.4 if it was installed by my daily upgrades, then it is not working fully-- there is no 2015-09-05 on the digital clock for the date, though there is 23:15:01 (PDT), because I had already corrected the time on the desktop digital clock by setting Format-Default(C) and the time to PST8PDT System V. I need to reset Dolphin to 24-hour time instead of AM/PM, as it makes it much easier to scan vertically down the list of time stamps without the AM/PM, and I also want my digital clock to return to the YYYY-MM-DD setting. Any suggestions? I have been combing the internet and Kubuntu Forum for a solution, but can't figure out how to implement it. I sure wish we still had the old System Settings from a couple of releases ago-- there was much more fineness to the granularity for the settings-- seems like every new release takes away more control for the settings.

I am not a fan of Plasma-- I like the old KDE for its fine grained ease of use. If I could get rid of Plasma altogether, but keep up to date on the latest kernel and the classic KDE, I would make the change, but can't figure out how to do that without breaking something. I am not sure what the advantage of Plasma is over KDE classic. Why do we need a digital clock on the boot startup login page?

P.S.-- I even date my hand written checks and letters, etc, with the YYYY-MM-DD format.
    Retired Merchant Seaman, 45 years service. (Computer 1): Gygabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 board, AMD Athlon II x2 255 cpu, GV-R6450C-1G graphics, 2 x 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB WD Green HD. (Computer 2): Asus F2A85-M PRO board, AMD A-Series A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad Core 100W cpu, 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 RAM, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD

Time/locale bug: Bug 340982 - I cannot set my short date to YYYY-MM-DD, nor my time to HH:MM - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=340982

Making own clocks: Thread: Clocks - https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post367789

Editing/making own SDDM theme: Thread: No option to change splash, look and feel, or login themes - https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...hemes&p=371491
    Try Me !

Comment

Working...
    X