X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon Updater misleading.

Hi all - a picky old coot here...

The progress bar in Muon Updater never goes above 16% during the Downloading phase, and then continues to 33% during actual install. That's its max. The Downloading advisory above the progress bar leads me (and quite likely others) to consider the progress bar to be indicating the progress of the download, not of the overall update process, and the install phase's fleeting advisories do little to indicate how far along the install process is progressing. Then completion at 33% suggests there is another series of steps yet to come. What is the true story here?

...seeking enlightenment...

Same here, but I pay no attention to it. If you have a relatively fast Internet connection, and a fast computer, those percentage progress indicators I don't think mean very much--or scroll past so fast, that they are not really helpful. This is one reason many people use, instead, the command line to do their package management.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Known bug, and discussed here previously, but no resolution as of yet.

Comment

Awe, I like my story better. I never did understand how the progress and messages work in Muon. They stream by so fast that it's difficult to correlate % with message.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Hi claydoh.
          Known bug - since year dot! It's just another "omologato" - fitness for human use - issue, among many, but as above, I'm a picky old coot. Ain't it about time? Another one to pass to GSoC?

Comment

Working...
          X