This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't print PDFs after 15.04 upgrade

Just upgraded to 15.04 last week. Overall the upgrade went OK. Few weirdnesses, most annoying of which is I can't print PDFs now. After a bit of messing with my printer, I figured out it's acroread itself that won't print, as it doesn't even print to PDF. (Print to PDF just gives a blank page as output, printing to a physical printer gives nothing at all).

Any workaround? Is it just that Acrobat is no longer supported? (I noticed it's gone from the repositories).

If so, what do you guys use for viewing and printing PDFs? I find xpdf to be clumsy.

Clipboard behaviour in Plasma is weird too, but I guess that's another thread...
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

I have found the same problem with Acrobat, so I now save the file and open the pdf file with Okular. This application lets you print the file and it has all the required print options. I like using Acrobat for its search option using ctrl+shift+F. I haven't found anything similar in Okular.

Comment

Ctrl-f will bring up Okular's search

Acrobat is dead on Linux. Adobe dropped that some time back.
      What search features did it have outside basic text search? (I use this regularly in Okular).

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        Ctrl-f will bring up Okular's search

Acrobat is dead on Linux. Adobe dropped that some time back.
        What search features did it have outside basic text search? (I use this regularly in Okular).
        I use crl+shift+f with Acrobat or alternately Edit > Search. I tried this on a pdf file from our National Broadband Network company and it gave the following output for search on "premise"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Acrobat_Search.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	642995

With this output, I can quickly locate the place in the document that I want to look at by simply clicking on the search entry that I think is relevant and it jumps straight to it. I have used this feature to jump backwards and forwards through a document to view what it has regarding the item of interest.

I have not been able to do anything like this in Okular other than a basic search.

Comment

Working...
        X