This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 15.08 beta on Kubuntu

Maybe I'm missing something, but in the past I remember getting plenty of KDE beta software by adding the beta (kubuntu-ppa-ubuntu-beta-vivid.list) apt source. However, I haven't gotten anything recently and that PPA hasn't had an update since May.

My question is, how do I get the KDE 15.08 beta sofware on 15.04 Kubuntu? Is that even possible without upgrading to Kubuntu 15.08 alpha? There are a ton of papercut bugs that I want to get rid of, and I don't mind testing and filing bugs.

Thanks.

In the past, KDE software releases were spread out more. Nowadays, not only are updates released much more often, it is split up between Plasma, Frameworks, and Applications. It is simply too much work for a tiny team to package betas, especially for the current release.

Wily doesn't look to have beta stuff either, though that is more likely to happen further down as more stuff is released this month and later in all three components.

However, there is the kubuntu-ci set of ppas, these are automatically built daily from kde's git, which may be useful for what you are looking for.

Comment

15.08 beta is in Arch's unstable repo and there is an active group in the forums testing. Since this isn't stuff that is hardware dependent, Arch in a VM should be a good testing and bug reporting vehicle. Testing and unstable move very fast over there. Breakage is fully expected.

Comment

Working...
      X