This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change icons on panel

I noticed that some applications, such as Dolphin and Amarok, have different icons in K Launcher and in Panel. But others, such as Firefox and Libreoffice, use the same icon.
    For aesthetic reasons, I would like to use monochromatic icons on the Panel (but not necessarily in the rest of the system). Thus:

Does anybody know how to change the icon of an application in the panel?
    Kubuntu 15.10 - Asus All-in-one (i3, 4GB ram)

I'm not sure which panel you refer to, but on the central Desktop panel AND on the System Tray, I can right click->icon Settings and right click on the image of the icon in the edit form. That brings up a selection dialog where you can locate all icons (may take some searching in the application directories.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Maybe I have to update my Plasma, because when I access the Icon Settings, I have not option for change the icon...

Comment

After the icon settings form is displayed, you will see a box in the upper left hand corner. It should show the current icon...
        Click on that icon and you will get a selection form to choose a new icon from the system defaults or you can search the entire directory (if you know where to find the icons for a particular program.
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I dont have this option n my Icon Setting screen (see image attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm running 14.04 and it could be a problem with your 15.04
            Is anyone else running 15.04 with the same issue?

Comment

Yes, I am using Kubuntu 15.04
              Plasma: 5.3.1
              Qt: 5.4.1

I am conscious that this feature is not yet implemented and probably will be soon. What I want to know is where KDE keeps the info to use different icons for the same application in the K-Launcher and in the Panel (as far as I know, this is new on KDE 5). It is OK if I have to access and edit some config files...

Comment

I just found out that the difference between icons is due to differences in the design for normal and small icons.
                So, all I have to do is change the design of the firefox's small icon. I will do it and post the result here.

Comment

Yes, it works! Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X