This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't delet foldure but trash is empty

I triy to delete a folder but get an error that the trash has reached its maximum size. I check the trash folder and it is empty. I tried rebooting in case something was messed up but it still won't work.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

I'm using 14.04, but you might first check your Trash settings: right-click on the Trash icon > Trashcan settings etc.
    As you probably know, in your home, view > show hidden files, and /home/mike/.local/share/Trash/ ;
    and df -hT shows space usage
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

On my USBs, I always have the same symptom when deleting from Dolphin. It seems that I always need to shift delete (carefully).

Comment

This used to be reported sporadically in these forums, haven't seen it for a while. Happened to me once, so long ago I can't remember the fix.
        It can be a permissions problem on the trash directories; on my Utopic that's ~/.local/share/Trash for files in my home directory. For other places, like my data partition, there's a ".Trash-1000" hidden directory at the top level; I presume the 1000 is my user id. Maybe if you can't write to the top level dolphin can't create the directory.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

I got around the problem by using the konsel. The downside with that is you can't easily undelete if you make a mistake.
          Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Working...
          X