This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications stay forever

Some system notifications stay on my desktop indefinitely. I have to start a new session to get rid of them. Is anybody else experiencing this? Any solutions?

Launch Feedback and System Bell are the only ones I see with a timeout setting. I have mine turned off because I find them annoying. Every day someone adds a snippet of code and it gets almost like those Facebook popups that tell you someone likes the photo you posted in your new speedo... uh yeah.

So Funk, is this just those Muon notices or all the notices? I also dug through the system tray settings and don't see a timeout there either. This is one of those developers who said, "Oh, the user doesn't need to see THAT information. Who is going to change the default timeout?".

Comment

It seems kind of random. Most KDEConnect messages stay forever, so Ive disabled them. Occasionally others notifications stay too, but I havent found any pattern yet. Everything in this release seems very, very random to me. Sometimes things work, sometimes they dont. Should be Randbuntu.

Comment

Since I am running 14.04. I will hope someone else comes forward with some other suggestions.

Personally I would be poking about in ~/.kde/share/config/ looking for some answers but I am adventurous and foolish.

If not there maybe some hidden config file inside the root someplace?

Additional Info: KDE 4 applications (such as Knotify) use D-Bus. This is way beyond my "security level" but here at this link a python programmer asked about the timing of making a knotify popup window. Also here the timing is questioned by high level programmers. Appears to be an issue with the internal workings aka developer error.
        Last edited by Simon; Jul 06, 2015, 08:54 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Working...
        X